Head of Performance Marketing
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally. We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
In this role, you will be a critical leader in Stripe’s growth story. You will partner closely with cross-functional leaders in marketing, product, engineering, sales, and data science in addition to working with our executive team and founders. As we’re scaling our go-to-market and marketing efforts globally, we’re looking for a passionate, experienced, and outcome-driven leader to build and grow a team dedicated to user acquisition and growth.
You will be responsible for managing a team tasked with the delivery of quality traffic to our site and the conversion of that traffic across our site experiences. You will lead our paid media strategy and execution, SEO, scaled email to drive our user acquisition and improve the lifecycle and user adoption of Stripe’s products and services.
- Establish highly productive internal partnership across marketing, ops, finance, engineering and sales to ensure that the strategy meets overall business goals
- Deliver an effective approach to reporting out to various stakeholders across Stripe to bring our leadership team, marketing, sales and others along with your plans and performance
- Be an exceptional people leader and manager. Attract, retain and grow a high performing team that elevates others around themDevelop the digital acquisition and lifecycle channel strategy considering all relevant channels and opportunities in partnership with integrated marketing and journey teams
- Collaborate with marketing teams to guide A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests on campaigns online and offline to identify what works best
- Manage ad placements, target the relevant interests and topics and use Google’s in-market audiences for search ads.
- Use multi-touch attribution to track touchpoints across the funnel, which will help maximize Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign effectiveness.
- Leverage customer insights to better segment, target and reach potential customers
- Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet key performance metrics
- Ensure that the Stripe brand is appropriately represented in all paid and digital work. We don’t want to just optimize for the action or engagement
- Scope out and identify new channels, platforms, tools and systems to improve performance
- Test new channels and trends (such as voice search, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Digital Out of Home, etc.)
- Test and learn and scale what works and have the confidence to cut what doesn’t
- Develop hypotheses and perform A/B (or multivariate) testing to recommend optimizations
- In partnership with finance and ops, establish the performance targets, using benchmarks and best practices
- Set acquisition and growth targets for marketing teams spread across offline and online channels such as social, search, paid search, mobile, display, etc.
- Allocate and modify budgets for efficient spending
- Tweak strategies and budgets based on current performance to maximize ROI
- Direct and manage team and agency performance on various channels to achieve goals and ROI targets
- Optimize marketing budgets to maximize Return on Ad Spend and efficiently scale new customers
- Identify pain points to creatively improve non-performing areas
- Experienced leadership with 12+ years of work experience, with 6+ years specifically focused on acquisition with expert knowledge of digital channels and media
- 6+ years experience developing and executing advertising strategies that deliver on key acquisition, engagement, and retention goals.
- Data driven with strong quantitative and analytical skills and think in terms of LTV, ROI and your impact on the bottom line of the business.
The skill set:
- Experience driving engagement and conversion through targeting, creative, and different channel tests. We want to deliver these programs at scale.
- Experience working with complex internal data management tools.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing executive management
- Deep understanding of the user journey and funnel, sales cycle and product lifecycle and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
- Multi-tasking, highly organised, excellent attention to detail
- Ability to both lead and drive autonomously and to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders
The technical skill set:
- Strong hands-on digital marketing experience with a desire to continuously test and learn
- Experience with DMP’s, identity resolution partners, attribution
- Highly skilled in PPC
- CRM experience and deep understanding of complex multi-channel customer lifecycles across segments
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Experience of using content management systems e.g. WordPress
- Experience with web analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics
- An appetite for transforming business from strategy through to execution.
- A personable, outgoing effective communicator who acts as a liaison between customers and the rest of the organization.
- A passion for creating incredible customer experiences and reaching business goals.
- Strong passion for serving and understanding customers as well as a strong affinity for sales team success.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind, leverage customer insights and data to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/ vendors and complexity.
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and exert influence.
- Strong creative marketing and communication skills
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth business.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.