Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 3700 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent and that we can build a sustainable advantage by enabling individuals and teams to contribute their full potential. Stripe is looking for a People Specialist to drive that effort. As a People Specialist, you’ll help make Stripe a great place to work and grow. Our team is made up of passionate people professionals who know that any good business strategy needs an equally strong people strategy to support it. We are problem solvers, thought partners, cross-functional collaborators, and advocates for our company and our employees.
In this role, you’ll work with HRBPs, managers, employees, and cross-functional partners to ensure an excellent Stripe experience, and implement systems, processes, and programs that help Stripe employees (“Stripes”) succeed.
- Partner with and advise front line managers on all things people-related, including performance management & coaching, career development, employee relations, leveling and team effectiveness, with a strong focus on belonging and inclusivity
- Advise and consult front line management on Stripe HR policies and best practices, in collaboration with fellow People team members and counsel as necessary
- Partner directly with HR Business Partners, managers, and some leaders on wider organizational strategy and initiatives
- Facilitate smooth roll out of key People programs, including front line manager support for performance review cycles, compensation cycles, employee engagement surveys and ad hoc programs
- Analyze and present on organizational health trends and insights to managers and leaders; manage tracking and reporting of some key people data to inform team strategy
- Ensure excellent employee experience through key life cycle stages including the departure processes
- Work with legal counsel and external consultants to help ensure Stripe’s compliance with other federal, state, and local labor regulations (wage regulations, equal employment opportunity laws, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background of 3-5 years of HR experience; at least 1 year in a client facing HR role (e.g. HR Business Partner, Employee Relations partner)
- Experience working in a fast paced, growing environment, preferably in a technology company or a large scale organization
- Partnered directly with managers on performance management, manager coaching, employee relations, team health, and team culture
- Experience with facilitation or development of educational content, employee workshops, or team trainings
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style with a strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated through success diagnosing problems using data, reasoning clearly and determining viable solutions, and remaining flexible in those solutions’ implementation
- Project management skills, with an ability to design and execute clear processes while successfully engaging other stakeholders to deliver work on schedule
- Proven ability to identify areas for improvement and escalate recurring themes to key decision makers when needed
- Experience utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate recommendations or action
- Strong working knowledge of US employment legislation and practices
Please include the following with your application:
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.