Payments Fraud Investigator
We are looking for someone passionate about fighting fraud, identifying new trends/typologies, educating other Stripes on the operational fraud risk of new markets/products, naturally curious, and a strong desire to network with peers and partners within the fraud space. This position works closely with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, sales, financial crimes, vendor management and more!
The right candidate for this role will have a minimum of two years experience in financial fraud within e-commerce or payments and possess a deep understanding of fraud typologies, anti-fraud controls, proficiency with fraud modelling, machine learning, typology assessments, and demonstrated experience mitigating operational fraud risk.
- Identify risk factors and trends of potentially fraudulent activity, including the development of trend reports and key indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity;
- Develop and implement comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience;
- Lead root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent, and mitigate risk within process and performance;
- Utilize analytics to optimize existing fraud strategies, in order to reduce false positive rates and increase fraud detection rates while minimizing user friction;
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Fraud Operations team;
- Identify gaps in current systems, policies and strategies, and recommend enhancements and process improvements to mitigate emerging fraud risks through a collaborative approach with stakeholders;
- Manage multiple projects to enhance and optimize fraud strategy, processes, systems, and tools.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of two years experience in fraud operations within the payments or e-commerce space.
- Knowledge in card-not-present fraud schemes, its risk prevention methods and detection tools for digital, physical goods, services, and subscriptions.
- Experience mitigating online fraud, such as account takeover, phishing, online card testing, etc.
- Proficient in SQL or other data analysis tools.
- Creative, team-focused, and effective problem solver.
- Experience using data to propose creative solutions to both tactical and strategic problems.
- Prior experience working with engineering and/or technical teams in fraud modelling.
- The ability and desire to question the status quo.
- Creative thinker who considers problems from a customer perspective while being pragmatic and solutions oriented when solving them.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.