Partner Manager, EMEA Terminal Partnerships
In this role, you will also be responsible for identifying and securing the most critical partnerships for Stripe Terminal, including those with our hardware and supply chain partners. We’re looking for someone who can scope potential partners, build deep relationships at the executive level, execute our partner strategy, build internal business cases, negotiate complex deals, and work cross functionally with key internal stakeholders from Policy, Regulatory, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to further Stripe’s strategic objectives.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, setting strategic vision, building commercial relationships and solving complicated problems with limited oversight.
As the first partnership role in Germany, you will also play a critical role in building office culture and norms and representing Stripe in front of policy makers, partners, and users across the DACH region.
- Manage the most critical partnerships for Stripe Terminal, including those with our in-person payment methods, hardware and distribution partners
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Technical Project Managers, Policy, Legal and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute our Terminal partner strategy for the region
- Structure and negotiate deals with partners, as necessary, to facilitate Terminal’s global expansion and product roadmap
- Continually work to strengthen our relationships with our key partners and assume day-to-day responsibility for the health of these partnerships
- Manage day to day partnership engagement with Stripe’s strategic partnerships in the DACH region
- Source, engage and grow an ecosystem of partners to enable regional expansion
- Support local and regional policy and regulatory engagement.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, or similar role at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or product partnerships
- Expertise in payments, financial services and / or local payment methods. The ideal candidate will also have domain expertise in retail, in-person payments, or hardware partnerships
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to independently drive complex negotiations to completion
- Humility and leads by example, setting the right context and helping teammates do their best work
- Experience defining and executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences
- Strong commercial and product instincts and the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and to address complex problems
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Fluent in German and English
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.