Partner Manager, Payments Partnerships
Change Stripe’s product trajectory through partnership.
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the global partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
The Payments Partnerships team develops and manages relationships with payment methods and ecosystem partners that enable Stripe’s product strategy and deliver new capabilities to Stripe users. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe and the products used by millions of our users.
We are looking for a strategic, entrepreneurial partner manager with strong product instincts and experience working with cross-functional teams to manage and grow our consumer payments ecosystem, with a focus on some of Stripe’s most strategic external partnerships, such as Apple and Google. The partner manager will be responsible for leading Stripe’s strategic partner relationships, managing ongoing initiatives, identifying new opportunities, and leading cross-functional teams to evaluate and execute on product and business initiatives.
- Build and strengthen relationships with Stripe’s digital wallets partners
- Lead the development of partnership strategies that align with product and business goals and create the partner management framework to implement and manage these strategies
- Source, structure, and negotiate deals with existing partners in pursuit of product and business objectives
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to Stripe product stakeholders
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to support ongoing partnership management and identify new opportunities to fill product gaps or create net new business opportunities that deliver value to Stripe users
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Go-to-Market Partnerships, Product Marketing) to identify and implement growth opportunities
- Design and implement strategies and processes that will enable us to scale our consumer payments partnerships and increase our velocity as a team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 10 years of total work experience with 5+ years of partner management experience, managing partnerships with fintech, consumer technology, B2B, or equivalent strategic, complex partners or 5+ years of other highly relevant experience
- Strong agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Technical acumen, an ability to understand Stripe’s product portfolio and strategy and use this understanding to define requirements with partners and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Experience defining and executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences
- A track record of managing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong commercial and product instincts and the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and complex problems
- Interest in and intellectual curiosity about payments, economic infrastructure, and Stripe’s partners
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.