Partner Development Manager, Payment Consultants
We are looking for an experienced leader with a passion for payments and tech innovation to join our AMER partner team as we build out Stripe’s GTM partnership team in the region. This role will engage with independent payment consultancy firms and individuals to enable them and build advocacy on Stripe’s value proposition as a tech-forward payments provider and platform. This role will amplify Stripe messaging, share our strategic direction and provide support during a sales/RFP process to ensure that these firms have a clear path to engage with Stripe. This role will also look for opportunities to bring industry thought leadership to the broader Stripe team through a successful two way partnership. Successful candidates will have a strong knowledge of the payment market (main players, offerings and trends) and will be able to put Stripe’s direction in context. The individual in this role will have experience building client relationships in the payment consultancy space and have experience engaging with users in the payment decision making process. Experience with high tech consulting (Systems Integrators, Services firms or Dev Agencies) and/or technology (software companies, ISVs, cloud companies, infrastructure companies) firms is a plus.
This is a partner relationship and advocacy role, reporting to the Regional Head of GTM Partnerships for AMER and working closely with cross functional teams at Stripe. You will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with executives and consultants in these organizations to drive strategic partnerships in support of increasing Stripe adoption across the Americas region. These partnerships provide Stripe with the opportunity to unlock our market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth across all market segments from Startup to Enterprise companies. This role will also include connecting these consultants to our sales teams, partner programs, marketing and enablement to drive increased engagement.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, handle objections and work cross-organizationally.
- Assess the independent Payment Consultancy space in the Americas and create an engagement strategy for the region that could be scaled globally over time
- Develop and strengthen key payment consultancy partnerships for the region, connecting payments consultancy firms in a meaningful way in and out of sales cycles
- Enable and build advocacy with consultants on Stripe’s strategy, products and value proposition through individual engagement and informing global program requirements for both content and relevant benefits for this space
- Develop two way partnership models bringing industry expertise to Stripe, our partners and our users and scale Stripe knowledge and adoption through these partnerships
- Engage in RFP Processes where these firms are engaged to ensure that the Stripe value proposition is properly captured
- Report out on a regular cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience in the payments space, in a consultancy or other related role
- Successful track record of developing and growing partnerships
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a C-level audience and positively influence the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses and influencing results
- Highly organized, multi-tasking skills, take ownership and be efficient in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to haves:
- MBA or other advanced degree
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.