Partner Development Manager, Payment Technology Partnerships
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. The majority of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an experienced partner manager to drive the sales and marketing go-to-market for our payment technology partnerships that provide “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) solutions. This is a new and very fast-growing payment solution space in which vendors (such as Klarna, Afterpay and Affirm) provide their customers with flexible payment options. Stripe has integrated our portfolio of financial infrastructure solutions with leading vendors in this space and we now need a business owner to build the GTM strategy and drive the execution with these partnerships. As the successful candidate, you will have a strong business development and “builder” mindset - someone that will build partnerships and programs, deploy marketing strategies and drive joint sales.
- Own and develop the sales, partnership and marketing relationships with Stripe’s BNPL partners, including developing and executing joint business plans, defining and driving success metrics and serving as Stripe’s subject-matter expert on BNPL GTM topics
- Build and execute partner GTM programs with BNPL partners, such as sales funding and incentives and marketing programs
- Own the sales execution with Stripe’s BNPL partnerships, including training our respective sales teams, driving joint lead generation from end to end - from lead identification to deal closure, and expanding our customer footprint with BNPL partnerships
- Work with Stripe product and globalfinancial partnership team to develop our BNPL feature roadmap by surfacing insights/learnings from Sales and users and prioritizing these feature requests for the Stripe product team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of partner, sales and/or business development experience in technology or financial services organizations
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic partnerships and/or sales relationships
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate partnership and sales deals, positively influencing the outcome
- Strong operations and process skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and collaborating across teams to achieve outcomes
- Experience working in or with the financial services/payments industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
You might also have:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working for a BNPL company
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.