Partner Development Manager, Global Technology Partnerships
We are looking for an experienced partner manager to join Stripe’s newly created Partner GTM organization. The Partner Development Manager (PDM) for Global Technology Partnerships will manage a small portfolio of strategic Software/ISV partnerships. This is a key role, which will lay the foundation for Stripe’s global partner development for years to come. As the successful candidate, you will have experience in software/technology/ISV partner management in the high tech or payments industry. This is both a partner relationship and a revenue-generating role, reporting to the Head of Technology Partnerships.
In this role, you will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships with key decision makers in a portfolio of 3-6 technology partner organizations to secure new business, negotiate, and close strategic partnerships in support of accelerating Stripe business around the world. These partnerships include large enterprise software companies with whom building a deep GTM and product integration partnership will enable Stripe with the opportunity to unlock greater market opportunity, supporting us in accelerating our users’ growth across all market segments. This role also includes executing Stripe’s global partner programs, partner marketing, partner enablement and partner co-selling initiatives in the portfolio of technology partnerships that you will own, driving partner participation and engagement. You will also work closely with Stripe’s sales, product, finance, marketing, operations, and support teams around the world.
This role requires deep knowledge and experience in building and growing large global technology, software and ISV relationships, driving joint sales and marketing success and negotiating key commercial agreements. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship is a must. An understanding of the economics of the payments space and the ecommerce ecosystem would be a bonus.
- Create and execute a go-to-market strategy across a portfolio of technology partnerships in alignment with Stripe’s global priorities across partnerships, sales, marketing, product and engineering
- Cultivate executive relationships with C-levels at your portfolio of partners
- Optimize partner performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to expand revenue and deploy a joint sales approach with Stripe’s top partners
- Work with engineering and product to develop roadmaps for product integrations with key technology partners inline with customers needs, new market requirements and the competitive landscape. Develop business and strategic cases for ‘first-of-their-kind’ partnership opportunities and drive consensus among decision-makers
- Work across teams at Stripe to develop technology partner value propositions and sales playbooks, partner programs, marketing strategy, partner contracts, partner scorecards and new logo wins and revenue tracking
- Report out on a regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence to all key stakeholders, with a strong analytical approach and crisp communication style
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of managing technology partnerships and alliances in a high growth environment
- Successful track record of developing and growing strategic partnerships at the executive level
- Professional and technical knowledge, as well as an understanding of industry trends and the key players in the competitive landscape
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior management
- Experience in successfully negotiating high-value deals with a C-level audience and positively influencing the outcome
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company with the ability to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- A high degree of ownership, bias for action and ability to achieve outcomes in ambiguous situations
- Willingness to travel (once it is safe to do so in the future)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Nice to haves:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in the financial services/payments industry
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.