Head of Strategy & Planning, Premium Services
We’re seeking a Head of Strategy & Planning to drive and enable business performance in Ops’ Premium Services pillar.
I&P’s vision is to be the COOs for Stripe Ops, working cross-functionally with global teams to drive and enable the business by clarifying strategic priorities and plans, surfacing critical insights, developing go-to-market and operating models, and driving execution and accountability. I&P questions the status quo: as we grow, effective processes are our currency for reducing coordination cost and maximizing budget impact. We help translate strategic visions into profitable operations, enabling the business through productivity and experience improvements.
The Head of Strategy & Planning will lead a global team of analysts and build the future model to expand the team into regional leads (APAC, EMEA, and NA). You will be a fully embedded stakeholder in the Premium Services pillar. In addition to leading key strategic efforts for Ops, Product, and Finance leadership, you will work closely with stakeholders in Ops, Product/Engineering, Data Science and Sales.
If you are a leader who is passionate about building and developing a high-performing team, providing thought partnership to org-leaders, and interested in diving into a quickly-growing team and company, we want to hear from you.
To apply, submit a resume or LinkedIn profile.
- People management: Build a high-performing team and coach a group of data-driven Insights Analysts to drive key priorities, deliver business performance insights and leverage analytics to drive business priorities that are highly visible to Ops executives
- Stakeholder management: Advanced influencing and cross-functional stakeholder management, including managing multiple partners simultaneously and building relationships with and credibility across a wide internal network including Operations, Product/Engineering, and more
- Operational excellence: Design, optimize and execute a standard cadence of operations to deliver operational insights (e.g., weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews) with operational efficiency and strong controls
- Project management: Initiate, scope and drive cross-functional projects at the org, regional, and global levels to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations
- Business insights: Use a data-driven approach to deliver objective, analytical insights that support and enable strategy and execution planning
- Business planning: Drive and enable bottom-up operational planning activities within the pillar to enable Ops leadership, F&S and ST to make strategic decisions to drive growth, including near/medium/long-term planning
- Tooling efficiency: Drive adoption of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) and off-the-shelf data resources by influencing and leveraging global infrastructure where available and streamlining the team’s analytical infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of work experience involving analytical rigor as typically seen in, but not restricted to, functions like finance, business operations, data analytics, etc. or industries like consulting, banking, etc.
- Experience in people management (managers and individual contributors)
- Experience building and managing relationships with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Experience in running data analysis and building quantitative models with complexity for business decision making
- Problem solving and analysis experience solving business problems (commercial, operational, organizational) using large database and qualitative information from various sources
- Program Management and Operations experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent processes and projects, and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Experience presenting business and technical content to senior stakeholders, peers and general audiences
- Communication experience with story-telling and presentations utilizing tools such as PowerPoint and Google Slides
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.