Operations Design & Planning Manager, Banking & Financial Products
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Servicing team is responsible for designing, executing and managing operations for Banking and Financial Products.
Historically, Stripe has been known for making the acceptance of payments easy for developers. With Capital, Banking, Corporate Card, and other products we have in the works, we’ve moved beyond payments and “up the stack” to help our users run their businesses more effectively. We’re building an exciting host of new financial products for our users — and we’re looking to build an operations team which supports this portfolio of products.
At Stripe, Operations Design and Planning Managers help to deliver innovative products for our customers. Product delivery and development is an extremely collaborative effort between operations, engineering, design, analytics, finance, legal, and customer-facing teams. In this role, you will be on a small but growing team working cross-functionally to bring new products to market and lay the groundwork for new business operations. You’ll be joining an experienced Product team with members who have a track record of successfully building large-scale businesses. You will be expected to grow quickly as we continue to launch and scale new products that will impact millions of customers around the world.
- Build the operations strategy for one (or more) of our banking and card products
- Design and scale end-to-end customer experiences for banking and card products that operate in a regulated environment
- Perform analyses and research that enable quick and efficient decision making in ambiguous situations
- Write procedures and processes for ease of execution and monitoring
- Mobilize external and internal stakeholders to ensure successful launch and growth of new products/businesses
- Partner with regulators and vendors such that our operations are in compliance with regulatory and partner needs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience in standing up banking and card operations
- Mix of strategic and operations experience ideally gained through a combination of management consulting and industry roles, preferably at a FinTech in banking and card products
- Designed customer journeys, and used those journeys to drive investments in standing up operations for banking products
- Outstanding project management skills - someone, who can take an idea to impact without direction. You routinely deliver results people didn’t think were possible
- Proven ability to influence critical decisions that are often X-functional
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience in SQL
- Familiarity with banking regulations
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.