Operational Excellence Program Manager, Finance Operations
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
Joining the Finance Operations (FinOps) team, will put you amongst some of the most talented finance and operations leaders in the country. We are looking for a proven leader to seed a much needed Operational Excellence program. You will be responsible for defining, implementing and leading operational best practices through FinOps, including our reporting and metrics function. You will be on the ground floor of this program with an opportunity to set the pace and direction for the future.
- Create a program that utilizes Lean Six Sigma based continuous improvement methodologies to engage cross-functional teams to solve operational problems. Teams looking for your leadership include Payroll, Procure to Pay, Billing Operations and Third Party engagement
- Drive speed, quality, and simplification by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work and hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the business, and minimizing process variability through standardization and automation
- Diagnose Stripe financial processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, and guide the improvement effort
- Create global best practice documentation and facilitate sharing across the globe
- Provide benchmarking and performance improvement metrics to indicate future investment in the program to leadership
- Lead cross functional projects and reporting that drive performance improvement, visibility and automation throughout financial services
- Experience with written and verbal communications for both technical and non-technical audiences at the senior leadership level
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business financial metrics, providing metrics inputs to various reporting venues, and communicating key performance indicators to stakeholders in support of business objectives
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis or with data manipulation
- Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization with both large and small audiences
- Ability to effectively organize and indirectly influence cross functional teams
- Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Lean Six Sigma experience, Master Blackbelt certification is preferred
- 7+ years of successful project/program leadership experience and facilitation of large cross-functional teams in finance transformation, business operations or technology process improvement areas
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.