New Products, Business Development
Change Stripe’s product and business trajectory through partnership
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the global partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
The Technology Partnerships team develops and manages relationships with technology innovators to expand and differentiate Stripe’s product and payments capabilities and distribution opportunities. Our team executes on cross-functional initiatives and first of kind deals across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. Our north star is to prioritize partnerships that will improve how Stripe users run their businesses. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe and the products used by millions of our users.
We are looking for an experienced business development lead with strong product instincts to create and execute partnership strategies in support of new product areas and business initiatives. This role will focus on more nascent areas of Stripe’s business, including enabling product integrations and distribution partnerships that streamline how Stripe users grow and manage their businesses. Responsibilities also include building internal business cases, identifying product requirements and developing go-to market strategies for these initiatives, leading cross-functional execution and driving internal alignment. Success in this role will require you to navigate ambiguity to identify and negotiate new partnership opportunities in support of Stripe’s user and product objectives.
- Lead Stripe’s partnership engagement with technology innovators in support of key new product and business initiatives
- Craft thoughtful partnership and product strategies in support of Stripe objectives; work with product and engineering teams to identify product and go to market gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
- Structure and negotiate deals with partners in pursuit of identified goals
- Identify the right stakeholders within partner organizations that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition and understand their needs
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders (including product, engineering, policy, legal, finance, and risk) to develop and execute high-impact initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of work experience with 7+ years of partnerships and business development experience at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or product partnership efforts
- Strong negotiation and communication skills and ability to mentor others on how to be effective in negotiations
- Experience defining and executing first of kind partnerships and strategies to build innovative product experiences
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to prioritize through competing demands and complex problems
- Humility and leads by example, setting the right context and helping teammates do their best work Interest in and intellectual curiosity about payments, economic infrastructure, and Stripe’s partners
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.