New Hire Experience Program Manager
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 2,500 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
We are looking for a New Hire Experience Program Manager to join our Organization Development team. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that new Stripes integrate effectively and efficiently into their team, their function and the company in their first three months at Stripe. This includes creating a warm and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds as they begin their journey and ensuring that all new hires, regardless of role, have a deep understanding of our users, principles and products. The initial priority of this person will be to design and rebuild our week one global onboarding program. The success of Stripe’s onboarding experience should be a key enabler of the company’s success and a critical tool in our talent attraction tool kit.
- Overall accountability for the successful delivery of Stripe’s global onboarding programs, including design, program management and oversight of delivery
- Designing and building the next iteration of our new hire experience for all Stripes which extends three months into their Stripe experience
- In partnership with the cross-functional operations teams, designing and executing rollout of a new week one Stripe onboarding experience; ongoing responsibility for the success of the bi-weekly program
- Refreshing and ongoing leadership of Stripe’s New Leader Experience program
- Championing and infusing Stripe’s culture into all onboarding experiences ensure new Stripes have a clear understanding of our operating and leadership principles and work norms
- Obsessing over the new hire experience; measure, analyze and iterate to improve Stripe’s experience and reduce the the time it takes for new hires to ramp; a key contributor to Stripe’s success as we grow
- Creating a deliberate closed loop that Informs Stripe’s talent strategy based on insights from new hires’ experience; working closely with the rest of the People organization to ensure a coherent Stripe employee experience as new Stripes become more tenured Stripes
- Partnering with cross-functional teams (recruiting, ops, finance) to troubleshoot ad hoc and timely requests as they arise during week 1 of the program
While it’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas, the ideal candidate will have:
- A mindset and passion for both strategy and execution
- Experience successfully building onboarding and/or learning programs (or equivalent) in a 5,000+ person global and fast growing organization
- A desire to deeply understand the payments landscape and Stripe’s products
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and appropriately advocate needs
- Flexibility to act in a variety of educational roles (from consultation to learning design to evaluation).
- Experience with instructional design models used to design, develop, implement and evaluate educational programs
- A high threshold for navigating ambiguity while creating effective solutions that scale
- Ability to manage and draw insights from data
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.