Technical Business Lead
Stripe is searching for a leader to manage and run a new independent business unit. As the leader, you will be on the ground floor of driving business and product strategy for this new unit, including creating great user experiences, while gaining exposure to a wide range of challenges. You will manage a small team of engineers and operations specialists as part of the day-to-day operations of this business, and will be responsible for conducting experiments on new product integrations within this business unit. As such, you’ll need excellent leadership skills, as well as impeccable organization and communication skills, in order to effectively run this business unit and establish effective channels with Stripe leadership for communicating progress on the business and state of new product testing. The ideal candidate will also have technical skills and experience managing developers.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- You have hands-on technical experience, like Ruby-on-Rails, or experience managing developers
- You are a passionate entrepreneur, have strong business instincts, and the ability to identify attractive growth opportunities
- You know how to drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across a company
- You have a high capacity to execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- You are able to manage processes to help the team do its best work and know how to interface effectively with a broader organization
- You have a passion for experimentation; you approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights
- You have experience working closely with product, engineering, and data science stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret the results of product experiments
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous situations into solid action plans
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.