Network Engineer, Traffic
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, and more. Infrastructure engineers at Stripe build the systems that power all of our products, globally and at scale.
Our users trust us with their businesses and livelihoods, and every request that Stripe handles is critical. We process billions of dollars every year for millions of users, from the largest enterprises to a startup making their first sale. We invest deeply in the reliability and security of our infrastructure to earn their trust.
Within Traffic, we build the platform and infrastructure that sit at the intersection between our secure cardholder environment and the rest of Stripe. You’ll join the team that manages the physical network infrastructure which connects Stripe to our financial and cloud partners.
Our work provides a highly available, secure, and reliable network for Stripe to quickly build and deploy partner integrations that scale with our business and customers. We manage relationships with our data center partners to ensure the smooth operations of our networks and equipment. Every transaction through Stripes platform flows through our network, and we are committed to reliably delivering each packet to our financial partners.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in network engineering, software automation, and datacenter operations. Many of our network engineers work remotely, and we’d be happy to talk to you about the possibility of working remote.
- Design, build and operate Stripes global physical data center network infrastructure
- Write software automation and tooling for Stripes network infrastructure
- Plan the future growth of our physical data centers and colocations
- Collaborate with financial partners to drive connectivity and peering agreements
- Visit Stripe data centers to perform maintenance and operations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A robust background in network engineering and physical network technologies
- Experience with managing physical network hardware and operating inside a data center or colocation environment
- Experience automating network devices with tools or languages such as ansible or python
- Experience with network protocols such as BGP, TCP, IPSEC, SNMP, VRRP
- A growth mindset to apply previous experiences to a unique new environment at scale!
Nice to haves:
- Experience working within PCI data center environments
- Experience managing and operating HSM hardware
- Experience managing Linux based server infrastructure
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.