Marketing Strategy and Operations
Scale Stripe's growth
- Maximize business performance: Develop in-depth understanding for what drives marketing performance and help us accelerate our growth and impact on Stripe’s long-term plan
- Performance management and measurement: Understand detailed marketing performance through every stage of the marketing funnel, with campaign level measurement a core focus along with the dashboards and data needed to know what’s working and what’s not, and drive cross-functional resolutions to operational issues
- Reporting: In partnership with finance, develop and implement regular reporting of key performance metrics including forecasting, funnel analysis, and pipeline management. Ensures impact-level marketing measurement and executive reporting on marketing’s contribution to the business
- Forecast performance: Contribute to the financial model and long-range plan for Stripe growth, supporting with marketing input and insights to inform the models that forecast revenue, margin, ROI, and LTV/CAC during annual and quarterly planning
- Budget: In partnership with finance, coordinate the budget strategy and make resource allocation recommendations to marketing leadership
- Data, systems and tools: Partner with systems and sales to establish the right marketing tech stack, including our email and marketing automation tools, that will scale with our growth and help us reach and acquire users from our priority segments. You will oversee the day to day management of marketing automation tools and its integration into CRM (salesforce.com), including data flows between the systems, execution, and monitoring campaigns
- Be a trusted expert and partner: Serve as an expert on our business drivers and partner closely on all significant go-to-market projects
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience with the majority focused on marketing, operational, and strategic areas
- Experience directly managing a team and the agility to work across dozens of stakeholders on a regular basis
- Proven statistical analysis and modeling experience with expertise in analytical techniques and their applications to sales and business metrics
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable business recommendations and communicate complex data concepts in ways that sales leaders and the wider organization will understand
- Experience working with complex internal data management tools
- Deep understanding of the user journey and funnel, sales cycle and product lifecycle and their respective pressures on the marketing organization to drive demand and revenue
- Deep understanding of acquisition pipeline management, lead scoring and routing, lead analysis and action planning
- Experience in data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on health of marketing organization, including pipeline contribution, program ROI, customer acquisition/penetration and activity.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SQL, Salesforce and data visualization tools.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and in person presentation skills.
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and influence others within a complex business environment
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.