Marketing Manager, Japan
About Stripe Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally. We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach. At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out and set you apart. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
About this role
As an early member of Stripe’s marketing team for Japan, you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we reach and interact with our customers, creating inspiring and compelling campaigns, resources and experiences that demonstrate how Stripe’s products can help their businesses.
As the ideal candidate, you’re a leader and a doer. You’re strategic and collaborative with a strong bias to action and you care about doing what’s best for our users, for Stripe, and your team. You’ll have relevant experience with lead generation, content marketing, and designing and executing marketing campaigns. You’ll be able to help set our field marketing strategy, as well as roll up your sleeves to execute on it.
- Work closely with sales and understand our users and audiences in order to develop marketing priorities
- Understand our audiences and decision makers, and create messaging and content resources that allow them to better understand Stripe’s offerings and benefits. This may include research, reports, guides, and presentations
- Plan and execute marketing programs to drive awareness among target audiences, generate leads, and accelerate pipeline
- Lead programs that include but are not limited to email/direct mail campaigns, content marketing, account-based marketing, roundtables, and Stripe/third-party events
- Be responsible for tracking, measuring and communicating program results
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience in Japan, including specific experience with customer marketing, content creation and content marketing, event management, localization, and multi-touch campaigns to generate demand.
- Demonstrated track record of generating innovative content and campaigns that exceed target goals
- Proven ability to communicate complex topics with simplicity and clarity, and to communicate powerful stories to drive demand and support sales.
- Resourceful, creative and dedicated to achieving operational and creative excellence
- Ability to work and adapt in a changing and technical industry and work environment
- Superb organisation and project management skills and the ability to work on and manage multiple projects at once
- Proven leadership ability and effectiveness working collaboratively and cross functionally
- Familiarity with localization and copy writing in Japanese language
- Some knowledge of online first businesses (e.g. SaaS) and startup ecosystem would be an asset
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.