Put Stripe’s users first.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet by helping forward-thinking businesses worldwide sell to anyone, anywhere in new ways. We believe there are too many barriers to doing business on the internet—and that the opportunities to do so are not equally distributed. Researchers at Stripe help lower barriers to success so that lack of access to technical, legal, or financial talent doesn’t prevent great ideas from becoming great businesses.
For our first Market Researcher, we’re looking for a seasoned lead to establish and grow the discipline, joining a small but growing team that blends market research, competitive insights, and product research. You will be responsible for defining Stripe’s approach to insights while partnering with Product and Marketing to ensure your strategy aligns with company leadership. You will also influence and collaborate with a diverse group of researchers representing different disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties. This role will report directly to our Head of Research and dotted-line to our Head of Product Marketing.
Are you passionate about democratizing research and empowering an entire company to connect with businesses worldwide? Because that’s what we’re up to—in addition to providing insights, we’re also enabling people across all of Stripe (engineers, product managers, designers, everyone) to apply research skills to global problems. If you love scaling yourself and your expertise, we can give you the freedom and resources to do incredible things.
- Be our leading authority on and owner of market research methods and metrics, including brand sentiment, product and brand awareness, and customer and product satisfaction
- Conduct international, mixed-methods research that deepens our understanding of our users and drives company strategy
- Build close partnerships with Marketing, Product, and Data Science leaders to build the infrastructure for ongoing survey research
- Establish training, standards, and scalable consulting practices to ensure everyone at Stripe can answer tactical market research questions—freeing you to do strategic cross-organizational work
- Promote a unified view of our customers and ensure their needs come first in everything we do
You may be a fit if you’re:
- A creative, ambitious, forward-thinking builder—where other people see chaos you see opportunity
- Experienced directing complex, parallel work-streams with many partners and dependencies (likely you did this as a group lead or people manager)
- A believer that best practices only matter when your partners across the company are on board—that’s why you work closely with Marketing, Product, and Data Science to scale strategies that work for everyone
- Someone who’s built or supervised the implementation of company-wide tracking metrics
Any combination of these qualities would make your application stand out:
- Evidence of working collaboratively with leads on the Product/Design side to push forward a holistic product experience
- Highlights of diverse qualitative and quantitative projects you’ve owned from start to finish (from quick-turnaround to comprehensive global initiatives)
- Roles in which you supervised early-career market researchers (or, even better, non-researchers) in collecting insights
- Projects indicating you know how to communicate with and about our user base: startup founders and business professionals
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.