Drive Stripe growth.
Market Insights delivers high quality insights and knowledge products that guide strategic decisions with velocity and rigor.
We are looking for an expert to support our market research and insights work, developing actionable insights to enable decision making across Stripe. As an early member of the team, you will be critical in helping to establish the team and its products from day one. You will play a pivotal role in helping cross-functional leaders and teams (such as Product and Go-To-Market) make informed and rigorous decisions. You may help to understand emerging business opportunities and market drivers, build research and knowledge products that serve Stripe’s needs at scale, and support partner teams with actionable insights to guide strategic decisions.
Market Insights sits within Corporate Strategy, a small but mighty team that partners directly with Stripe’s leadership to drive long-term strategic direction, evaluate net new opportunity areas, and analyze existential threats.
- Partner closely with Stripe’s leadership and cross-functional teams to lead market research projects, from scoping to planning and analyses
- Analyze the business landscape and market data, building deep insights through primary and secondary research and data
- Build research and knowledge products that serves Stripe needs at scale, such as Stripe’s first research and knowledge portal
- Acquire and share deep knowledge of both the payments industry, as well as specific industry verticals such as SaaS, marketplaces, online retail etc
You might be a fit if:
- You are a problem solver and a storyteller. You have a flair for translating research and data into actionable insights to influence strategic decisions made by leadership
- You are detail oriented and enjoy digging deep into data and market trends, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- Have experience building research and knowledge products at-scale
- Have a solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, databases, and technologies
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people
- You are highly independent and have an ownership mindset. Are able to juggle multiple projects at once
- 3+ years of prior experience in market research and analyses
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience in a top-tier management consulting or research firm
- Experience operating in a high growth technology company
- Experience in the payments space
- “Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.