Manager, Vendor Operations
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team.
As Stripe’s user base and global footprint grows dramatically, we are looking for an experienced leader who brings both strategic and operational abilities to lead the vendor management team responsible for our outsourced operations. Our vendors provide user support across a number of contact channels such as email, chat and phone, they generate sales and qualify leads, they perform risk reviews and execute a variety of back office functions. You and your team are responsible for overseeing the vendor strategy for Stripe across user-facing teams and working closely with cross-functional leaders and operational teams across our User Operations, Sales, Compliance and Risk functions.
- Guide the vendor management team to design and deliver incredible user experiences in collaboration with our cross-functional partners.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on vendor managers’ performance against their individual goals and strategic goals set for the Vendor Management team.
- Support negotiations and relationship management for all vendor contracts.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of vendor performance, and provide regular reporting on performance.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 7+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience leading vendor operations teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
You might be a fit if:
- You’re a proven leader with 10+ years managing scaled organizations and building world-class customer experiences.
- Deep experience managing operational third-party vendor and internal teams across different time zones.
- You have experience in laying out a vision for an organization, getting buy-in from senior stakeholders, and bringing the vision to life.
- You enjoy managing large cross-functional and global projects.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex initiatives, and have a track record for taking projects from conception to launch.
- You have a knack for working well with a wide range of people across internal teams and external vendors.
- You are action-oriented, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- You enjoy working amidst high ambiguity, and do whatever it takes to execute on complex projects
- You excel in analytical thinking and problem solving, and use first-principles thinking and data to structure strategic recommendations.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done.
- You are low ego, and have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.