Manager, Product Operations, Payments
In Product Operations, we’re building the connective tissue between product/engineering and user facing teams around the world - like sales, account management, and user support. Our ultimate goal is to help Stripe deliver more value to more users, faster and more consistently.
We’re looking for a leader to support several Product Operations Managers across our Payments Experience organization. As a manager, you will support your team members working day to day to smoothly operationalize product betas/launches, and accelerate product improvement by streamlining information channels between user-facing teams and their product/engineering team.
You will focus on developing careers, setting vision and ambitious goals, setting and measuring metrics, fostering a collaborative environment, sharing best practices, providing hands-on coaching and mentorship for your reports, making priority and resource allocation trade-offs, and hiring. You will align with product and engineering leaders to properly meet the operational needs of their products and businesses, and act as an owner yourself for certain projects that cut across the Product Ops or Payments Experience organizations.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in finding and growing talent through coaching, mentoring, and career development conversations
- Are excited about managing and growing individuals, across multiple locations, including providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching, and career growth
- Have worked in product operations, product management, or other discipline that works closely with both engineering and business teams, and you have a willingness to lead by example are discerning about product quality and obsessed with product impact for users
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving experience with many stakeholders
- Have the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
A strong candidate will also have a number of these qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of management experience of varying seniority, including growing teams, people development, and supporting other managers
- You have partnered with product/engineering leaders to set the strategy of an overall group
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones
- Experience working on products with a global footprint
Nice to haves:
- Payments ecosystem experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.