Product Leader, Payments Experience
At our core, Stripe is a company that was created by developers for developers. Stripe was founded on the premise of dramatically simplifying payments integrations, and today, that simplicity is what distinguishes us from our peers. The Payments Experience group is responsible for ensuring that Stripe leads the industry in providing the best possible payments integration experience for internet businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for both leveraging the wisdom of the Stripe network to improve all of our user’s experiences (fraud prevention, conversion optimization, etc.) and designing the online storefront for millions of businesses around the world.
The group is responsible for the development of the APIs, developer tools and dashboard experiences that enable merchants to create payment flows within their own products on both web and mobile. These are the most critical set of products for Stripe’s foundational service — helping merchants conduct business on the internet. Today, this set of products includes Elements, Checkout, the Payments APIs, and iOS and Android SDKs.
- Work with Stripe executives to define how we grow our products and work cross functionally to set our strategic direction
- Manage and develop a team of world class product managers and grow the team to meet business demands while helping them advance in their careers and sharpen their skills
- Lead the group to continuously reduce the complexity of integrating with Stripe while augmenting the power and flexibility of our products
- Drive long-term strategy and company-wide product initiatives for how merchants integrate with Stripe
- Deeply understand our customer, how they use our products, the problems they encounter, and the opportunities we have for providing them with more value driven by equally deep knowledge of industry trends and regulatory changes
- Report directly to our Chief Product Officer
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience leading significant product scope and strategy
- 10+ years Product Management experience, including at least 5+ years of managing a team of world-class PMs
- Significant experience with API or developer products and delivering great developer experiences
- Experience methodically developing product managers’ skills and careers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
Nice to haves:
- Experience founding a company
- Several years of experience working as a software engineer in a related role
- Payments or e-commerce experience
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization to set industry standards around developer experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.