Manager, Payments Optimization
Help Stripe customers turn payments into a competitive advantage
As Manager of the Payments Optimization team at Stripe you will be responsible for advancing Stripe’s reputation as a trusted partner on all payments optimization topics. These topics include, but are not limited to: network costs, global acquiring, conversion, authorization and fraud optimization. You will recruit, lead and coach an elite team of Payments Optimization Specialists who engage in thoughtful data-driven discussions with Stripe’s existing and prospective customers. Additionally, your team will train and partner with Stripe’s Account Managers and Account Executives, deepening their knowledge on these complex topics.
As the leader of Payments Optimization, you will develop the team’s internal and external engagement model. You will ensure that Optimization Specialists are equipped to identify optimization opportunities and recommend actionable solutions to customers of all sizes and business models. You will refine the team charter, develop goals and track success metrics. Lastly, you will partner closely with our Product and Partnership teams, seeking their input into optimization playbooks, and relaying customer feedback and team insights to inform Stripe’s Product and Partnership roadmaps.
- Recruit, coach and lead a team of payment specialists
- Develop the long-term vision for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully stand-up this relatively new team
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with leaders across Sales, Product and Partnerships to harness and inform Stripe’s wide-ranging payments expertise, and ensure best-in-class customer engagement
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development to promote career growth of direct reports
- 6+ years of people management experience in Consulting, Business Operations/Analytics, Specialist Sales or Account Management
- Experience building and leading teams in a fast-paced environment
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality, with the ability to drive business results without supervision
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a strong plus
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in the payments industry
- Prior experience in a high-growth technology environment
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.