Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
Stripe is looking for a North America based leader to help build, expand and grow the Localization Team. The Localization Team works cross-functionally with internal teams at Stripe to help them localize their user-facing content into 30+ languages. In Stripe’s fast-paced continuous release environment, it is the Localization Team’s job to support Stripe’s ambitious global roadmap and partner with cross-functional teams to enable global launches and continuous localization of all user-facing surfaces. . In this role, you will manage the team and work directly with stakeholders from inception to delivery of localization projects, ensuring that requirements are understood and delivered to specification with the highest quality, on time, and on budget. The manager will lead a team motivated by improving the lives of Stripe’s global user base and passion for delivering a native user experience to users worldwide. They cultivate the happiness of their team while guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals.
- Guide the organization to design and deliver incredible global user experiences
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Maintain metrics and provide regular analysis on team execution in the form of written analysis and performance reports
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- Direct people management experience
- Experience leading Localization teams
- Experience partnering with Internationalization Engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Background prioritizing goals and driving long term strategy for Localization teams.
- A successful track record of partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to drive complex language launches for global organizations.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.