Manager, Customer Support
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team
The Manager, Customer Support oversees a team of front line customer support operations team of ambitious and driven people that support organizations that use Stripe every day, to help them scale and succeed.
We are looking for an effective and motivated manager to build and develop our Operations team in Dublin. You will grow and manage a group of operations specialists that are focused on preventing and resolving user issues and optimizing our operational processes. This person cultivates the happiness of their team members while guiding them to be the best they can be, through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. The Manager,Customer Support is also responsible for managing some operational projects on a larger scale, across our global operations in the US, Mexico, Ireland, Japan and Singapore.
- Motivate and manage a team of front line specialists.
- Guide the organization to design and deliver incredible user experiences.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences.
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance.
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 5+ years of direct people management experience.
- Experience leading operational teams such as premium support teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.