Manager, Customer Solutions Engineering- North America
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. The majority of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are seeking a Manager to build and lead our North America Customer Solutions Engineering Team. CSEs work closely with our largest and most complex users and partners to help them get the most out of Stripe, whether that’s maintaining their current integration, expanding to new geographies, supporting new business models, adopting new products, or ongoing optimization of their setup. CSEs own the relationship with their technical counterparts at Stripe users, including engineers and Product Managers, as well as senior technical leaders. They maintain a technical account plan that helps support the broader account plan that they drive alongside the Account Manager.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of Customer Solutions Engineer across North America
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations
- Partner closely with Account Management, Deployment, and User Operations to develop our broader strategy for Enterprise Services and paid technical offerings
- Engage deeply with Product and Engineering teams to incorporate user feedback and appropriately advocate for the needs of our largest and most complex customers
- Work closely with Stripe’s Account Management Team to help users to continue to grow their business on Stripe by providing technical integration guidance.
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, innovation and learning, while holding a high bar for craftsmanship.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ people management experience of a technical team
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- A track record of building and leading a world-class Customer Solutions Engineering teams ideally in an infrastructure, platform, or SaaS business; Experience with platforms, including integrating large company or enterprise services, either as a consumer or a provider.
- Experience developing and taking to market paid technical services offerings
- Previous technical sales experience with API’s, distributed systems, databases, and/or developer tools.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for making customers successful
- Proven track record of working closely with other user-facing Sales teams
- Ability to operate and execute in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Clear and personable communicator of technical concepts, both orally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Product or business experience, in addition to a technical background.
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative cross-functional team environment, providing thought leadership to help drive consensus and reach key decisions.
- Strong management skills for planning and executing complex cross-functional projects.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.