Manager, Compensation Partnership & Go-To-Market
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 4500 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars in payments each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
At Stripe, we’re constantly working on ways to optimize our Compensation Programs and improve the rewards experience for our users/employees. We are looking for a leader to manage the compensation partner team and ensure that our programs are competitive, flexible, scalable and support the business and talent strategy. This role will lead the compensation partner team in supporting the business as well as develop the go to market strategy for our compensation programs, designs and tools. And as a member of the compensation leadership team you will play an integral role in the development of the total rewards strategy that will support Stripe’s growth.
- Partner on the development of the total rewards strategy and philosophy including future compensation plan designs and offerings
- Hire, develop, manage and mentor a team of compensation partners that support the business and people partners on all aspects of compensation
- Lead the development of communication and marketing materials that will educate Stripes on our compensation philosophy, strategy and offerings to ensure understanding and effectiveness of programs
- Offer support to the People Partner organization and business leaders throughout the year and during the compensation planning cycles to provide guidance on compensation decision making including how to leverage each program to help attract and retain talent
- Partner with the Compensation Program and Design team to ensure our programs are market competitive, effective and scalable
- Offer consulting and partnership to People Partners and business leaders to identify issues, conduct research/analysis to determine the root cause of any gaps and to recommend solutions
- Drive enhancements to our compensation tools, technologies & communication vehicles to support the user experience and allow for scalability
- Develop productive, collaborative cross-functional relationships with Total Rewards team members and the broader People, Payroll, Finance, Legal and Tax teams
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience providing compensation analyst/consulting/support to client groups within in organization
- 5+ years experience leading and managing a team of global compensation partners/analysts
- Strong organizational and operational skills, and ability to manage and execute on multiple concurrent projects/competing priorities
- Demonstrated success in bringing projects and programs to market including the development and delivery of training
- Creativity and focus on new ways to make things work more efficiently and at scale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to model cost impacts of current and future programs
- Familiarity with Workday or other HRIS
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
You’ll be successful if:
- You enjoy building and leading teams
- You can work collaboratively across functional, technical, and operational teams to design and build holistic solutions to challenging problems
- You have a experience with (or deep understanding of) managing compensation teams at scaling technology companies
- You can influence and negotiate with stakeholders
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.