Manager, Community & Incident Operations
Stripe is looking for a leader to join our operations team. As manager, you’ll guide a team to be the best they can be, through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization.
Community and Incident Ops is a global team that works for users in ways that probably don’t come first to mind. We talk with users over social networks, work on escalated cases, and help facilitate the processes that improve their experience during service outages. You’ll tighten feedback loops and improve the user experience at Stripe—and help create some memorable user interactions along the way.
You’ll also be responsible for some Ops-wide projects that can vary from developing skills on the team to improving how we recruit talent.
Stripe is expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. The user operations team works directly with users from across the globe. We aim to delight our most important users with friendly and personalized support, while gathering feedback to drive improvements to our products. We also work closely with every part of the organization including Product and Engineering to scale Stripe globally and learn how to support businesses ranging from mom and pop businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Make sure we deliver an exceptional Stripe experience to users who reach out to us over social networks—and work to prevent those issues from happening again
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and new work experiences
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Help define what the team will look like in terms of operations and organization
- Maintain metrics and analysis of team performance, and provide regular reporting on team performance in the form of written analysis and performance reports
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Direct people management experience
- A keen interest in pursuing people-management as a vocation, and some degree of experience and comfort with this specialized discipline
- A lucid, well-formed communication style, with an impulse to listen and be empathetic first, and an ability to be firm and assertive when necessary
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders; i.e. project management and collaboration skills
- Great operational awareness: a sense of the big picture in any organization they inhabit, how team members’ individual goals contribute to that, and how they can help team members navigate best within the big picture
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user-facing team with a high bar for quality in public-facing work, and a willingness to lead by example and participate in the work where necessary
- Experience on a user-support team (especially one in a high-growth technology company)
You should include these in your application:
- Description of why you want to work in this role
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.