Manager and Leadership Development Lead
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with over 2,500 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
The Manager and Leadership Development Lead will be responsible for all areas of developing best-in-class org leaders and people managers. You will define the development strategy for these critical roles - and collaborate cross-functionally to introduce a variety of impactful solutions. You will set the stage for how we develop managers to be successful within increasingly global and complex contexts - leading to higher team and individual growth, performance, and engagement. This high-visibility, high-value work will have a clear and lasting impact on Stripe’s culture and business success.
- Build and execute strategies and experiences that support Stripe’s leaders and managers at global scale and at different career moments (e.g., first time manager)
- Assess and address strengths and gaps in capabilities against expectations - including capabilities related to inclusion, in close partnership with our Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion team
- Ensure that all leaders and managers understand, exemplify and teach our leadership principles - with accountability measurement and feedback loops
- Facilitate and/or work with facilitators to deliver ongoing developmental experiences
- Adjust based on emerging business needs, working closely with People Partners
- Assess user needs and adapt communication and education offering for all levels of management experience
- Collaborate with People Analytics to empower managers and leaders with data they need to manage their team and reflect on their own performance
- Qualitatively and quantitatively measuring and improving the effectiveness of programs to demonstrate impact
While it’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas, the ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience working in a combination of management, development or educational roles
- Experience working with learning and development vendors, including existing relationships and familiarity with developing new ones
- Passionate about helping people learn and grow
- Exceptional communication, project management, and management capabilities
- Depth of experience applying leadership and management theories
- Ability to deeply understand your users and what success looks like at Stripe
- A high threshold for navigating ambiguity and building effective solutions that scale
- Deep knowledge of adult learning principles to deliver large-scale manager or leadership development programs and interventions
- Demonstrated expertise in using data to inform decisions on effectiveness of development experiences and an understanding of what creates both learning and behavior change resulting in measurable improvement
- Experience leveraging technology to curate and deliver high-impact learning
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.