M&A and Investing Lead
Help build out Stripe’s M&A and Investing team!
Stripe’s CorpDev team sources, evaluates and executes acquisitions and strategic investments that support Stripe’s broader mission of expanding the GDP of the internet. In the last few years, we’ve brought incredible companies like Paystack (payments company in Africa) into our mix and invested in companies like Fast and Check. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for an experienced, opinionated, product-minded professional to come help build our M&A and Investing team. Our team is small and collaborative, and we work very closely with senior leaders across the organization.
- Synthesize external and internal research in partnership with Stripe’s leadership, product, and strategy teams to formulate and crystalize long-term business strategy
- Partner with local teams and leaders to take a leading role in identifying, evaluating, executing, and integrating max ROI investments and acquisitions
- Build your network inside and outside of Stripe to keep our ear to the ground on emerging trends and categories of strategic interest to Stripe
- Create executive and board-facing briefs that enable the organization to make informed decisions on key strategic issues
- Drive market mapping and evaluation exercises in key strategic areas for the business
- Work hand-in-hand with fantastic founders and entrepreneurial teams
- Continuously develop your intuition and judgment across deal evaluation, negotiation, and execution, building trust and earning increasing autonomy
- Track investment and acquisition performance (financial and strategic) and conduct ROI “lookbacks” on deal and integration success
Who will love this job:
- A first-principles thinker and strategist, who derives energy from analyzing complex problems
- A people-person, who thrives working across various stakeholders across multiple teams and companies
- A multi-disciplinary wiz, who can go deep on a financial model (or learn to!), pick apart a product strategy, and develop hypotheses around optimal integration approaches
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of quality work experience with a background in product management or engineering, and/or experience with and a passion for investing in product-led companies
- A general understanding of Stripe’s products and business
- Strong critical thinking skills and passion for solving ambiguous or complex business issues
- A self-starting mentality and comfort operating in fast-paced, high-growth and often ambiguous environments
- Strong analytical capabilities; able to analyze and derive insights from financial and cohort data
- Exceptional written and communication skills
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.