Help us grow our Litigation team at Stripe!
In this role you will:
- Support global litigation and pre-litigation matters across a wide range of issues with a particular focus on EMEA and APAC-related matters.
- Handle all aspects of potential litigation and investigations, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, creating and analyzing investigative plans; interviewing and preparing witnesses, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Directly support smaller claims and arbitrations and supervise outside counsel on any larger matter.
- Manage escalated matters from our legal process team related to international law enforcement requests, - Bankruptcy matters, pre-litigation complaints, and liens, levies, and garnishments.
- Help develop litigation strategy and devise scalable processes and procedures to ensure the litigation - function scales with our business, including streamlining an eDiscovery program and developing guidelines and processes in line with obligations for international jurisdictions.
- Partner closely with internal teams, including other legal teams, risk, and compliance, as well as internal business partners to proactively address and resolve potential disputes in line with business objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risks.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Excellent academic background and credentials.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience as a practicing solicitor from a leading law firm or in-house legal department focusing on litigation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills.
- A self-starter demonstrating good initiative and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking to enable business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of law, technology, and business goals.
- International experience is a plus.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done.
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Decisive and have excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission to increase the GDP of the internet.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.