Lending Compliance Officer
We are looking for a Lending Compliance Officer to join our team based in New York City. In this role, you’ll build and maintain the program, policies, and tools required to support Stripe’s products from a regulatory compliance perspective. You’ll work closely with Stripe’s product, engineering, and legal teams to ensure that Stripe’s Compliance program and infrastructure complies with financial partner and regulatory obligations.
Stripe is a technology company that operates within the financial services industry, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for this role will enjoy working in the intersection of an emerging sector, seeking creative solutions to traditional problems, introducing technically driven solutions while moving with urgency and focus.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and legal teams to design and expand Stripe’s products in a way that both delights users and meets relevant commercial lending compliance and anti-money laundering (AML) obligations.
- Design and implement operational workflows, including tooling, monitoring, and feedback loops, to ensure compliance with relevant commercial lending and AML regulations.
- Operationalize regulatory compliance program, including, but not limited to compliance with the - Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), fair lending laws / the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), laws prohibiting unfair or deceptive acts or practices (UDAP), and other U.S. state and federal laws governing commercial lending, loan servicing, and loan brokering.
- Support the Compliance team in defining and maintaining relevant policies and procedures, documentation solutions, and designing initiatives
- Ensure relevant requirements are socialized effectively to stakeholders in Stripe’s legal, product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- 10+ years of work experience working in lending compliance.
- Experience working with lending programs (including, but not limited to fair lending laws / ECOA, UDAP, SCRA, complaints handling, BSA/AML, and OFAC sanctions).
- The ability to identify and define problems, build project plans to address them, and manage implementation of their solutions.
- The ability to effectively communicate across various lines of business and senior management.
- An ambitious sense of curiosity and a willingness to explore areas outside of your comfort zone, like new markets or new product types.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with the discernibility to escalate urgent issues when necessary.
- Experience managing projects of a cross-functional and/or technically complex nature.
- Respect for and interest in financial rules and regulations, as well as an eagerness to innovate in the spirit of those restrictions.
Nice to haves:
- CAMS, CRCM, or equivalent certification.
- Financial compliance, operational, regulatory, or legal experience.
- Experience working with engineering and/or technical teams.
- SQL or Excel skills.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.