Legal Operations Lead
Help us grow our legal team!
Stripe strives to build the best products and services helping entrepreneurs around the world to grow their businesses. We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re looking for a Legal Operations Lead to help scale our growing Legal team. This role will drive analytical and strategic processes and programs and lead critical projects across the Legal team and the broader company, with the goal of making the team more efficient, strategic, and technology forward.
In this role you will:
- Build and lead a world class legal operations function.
- Create processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team and ensure the team scales with the business.
- Develop processes and policies to manage outside counsel and third party spend, including budget management, fee arrangement negotiations, payment processes, and governance of billing guidelines.
- Identify and implement tools to streamline or automate new or existing practices.
- Report on key operational and substantive metrics.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the company to guide best practices for cross-functional legal projects.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 10+ years experience in the area of legal operations or legal program management (in-house experience is a plus).
- Experience building cross-functional company relationships.
- Experience managing a team of legal operations professionals.
- Ability to coordinate and effect change, and initiate process improvements.
- Strong familiarity managing vendors and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work well on both long and short-term projects.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done.
- Team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Decisive and having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.