Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools to accept payments online. Since our founding, we’ve grown our organization across fourteen global offices, and are processing billions of dollars a year for thousands of businesses in over 40 countries. Stripe powers new businesses, many in categories that barely existed five years ago, and we believe it’s a snapshot of how the internet is changing.
To meet these changes, we are evolving rapidly–introducing brand new initiatives and teams, developing strategies that will scale alongside the new challenges we’re facing, and building out a recruiting organization to support the growth.
Many of our greatest challenges have yet to be solved, so we’re seeking to recruit those that have operated at a scale many times beyond where we are today. With that in mind, we are expanding our Leadership Recruiting team and looking for someone to take ownership of recruiting these critical hires.
- Provide strategic and thought partnership to executive leadership including a deep understanding of Stripe’s business and ecosystem and how external talent can inform Stripe’s growth.
- Define, design and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of senior leadership roles. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
- Manage end-to-end leadership-level search engagements from inception of candidate contact to onboarding including research, engagement strategies, candidate experience, negotiations, partnering with HR for successful onboarding, and communicating status to all stakeholders along the way.
- Conduct thoughtful and sophisticated candidate interviews that methodically surface a candidate’s full range of capabilities, explore their aspirations and gain penetrating insights into their readiness to perform in the targeted role, and assess how smoothly they would integrate into the organization.
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns. Serve as a skilled problem solver, facilitator and coach in final negotiations.
- Partner with executive search firms as appropriate. Occasionally roles may be outsourced to outside search firms—you will be responsible for contract negotiation, management, milestone tracking, and managing the successful completion of the search.
- Capture and maintain accurate market, client, and candidate information to facilitate both the search process and our overarching market intelligence initiatives.
- Leverage search and problem-solving expertise on a variety of Stripe’s global recruiting initiatives.
- Become a contributing member of the recruitment team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values of Stripe. A quick guide to Stripe’s culture is located here.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of search experience within a recruitment firm or in-house.
- Experience in executive search within the tech industry or dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in identifying, engaging, and closing senior-level passive candidates.
- Experience partnering with team and hiring managers, including the executive team.
- Prior use of talent market insights and data to influence decisions within the leadership groups and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record of building working relationships with leaders and cross-functional partners.
- Evidence of partnerships across a variety of functions to build on as well as create candidate experiences.
- Ability to define and execute search strategy with creative multi channel sourcing in delivering top talent to the client
- Ability to work across any job function (Tech, Biz, G&A, etc.)
- Effective partner with hiring managers and teams, especially at executive level
- Excellent verbal communicator and active networker
- Ability to distill complex information into a consumable and organized format with a focus on content, tone and structure
- Takes ownership and effectively manages time and process across roles
- Exceptional candidate relationship experience
Nice to have:
- Experience in both search firms and in-house
- Experience with companies who’ve experienced scale
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests.
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn or Twitter) or your resume.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.