Help recruit the next leader to Stripe!
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools to accept payments online. Since our founding, we’ve grown our organization to 1,700 team members across ten global offices, and are processing billions of dollars a year for thousands of businesses in more than 25 countries. Stripe powers many new businesses, many in categories that barely existed five years ago, and we believe it’s a snapshot of how the internet is changing.
To meet these changes, we are evolving rapidly–introducing new initiatives and teams that did not exist a year ago, developing strategies that will scale alongside the new challenges we’re facing, and building out a recruiting organization to support the growth.
Many of our greatest challenges have yet to be solved, so we’re seeking to recruit those that have operated at a scale many times beyond where we are today. With that in mind, we are expanding our Leadership Recruiting team, and looking for someone to take ownership of recruiting these critical hires.
- Define, design and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of senior leadership roles. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply
- Manage end-to-end leadership-level search engagements from inception of candidate contact to onboarding including research, engagement strategies, candidate experience, negotiations, partnering with HR for successful onboarding, and communicating status to all stakeholders along the way
- Conduct thoughtful and sophisticated candidate interviews that methodically surface a candidate’s full range of capabilities, explore their aspirations and gain penetrating insights into their readiness to perform in the targeted role, and assess how smoothly he/she would integrate into the organization
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns. Serve as a skilled problem solver and facilitator in final negotiations
- Partner with executive search firms as appropriate. Occasionally roles may be outsourced to outside search firms – you will be responsible for contract negotiation, management, milestone tracking, and managing the successful completion of the search
- Capture and maintain accurate market, client, and candidate information to facilitate both the search process and our overarching market intelligence initiatives
- Leverage search and problem-solving expertise on a variety of Stripe’s global recruiting initiatives
- Support and partner with members of the recruiting team on new searches or larger, strategic initiatives related to M&A
- Become a contributing member of the recruitment team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values of Stripe. A quick guide to Stripe’s culture is located here
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of search experience within a recruitment firm or in-house
- Experience in leadership search within the tech industry or dynamic environment
- Proven experience in identifying, engaging, and closing senior-level passive candidates
- Experience partnering with team and hiring managers, including the executive team
- Prior use of talent market insights and data to influence decisions within the leadership groups and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated track record of building working relationships with leaders and cross-functional partners
- Evidence of partnerships across a variety of functions to build on as well as create candidate experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.