Leader, Payments Partnerships
Build high-impact partnerships to launch and scale Stripe Terminal globally.
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the Global Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
Stripe Terminal enables Stripe users to extend their online presence into the physical world. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments experiences that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a flagship retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event. The Terminal Partnerships team is part of the Global Partnerships organization and is responsible for developing and managing relationships that enable Stripe to launch and scale Terminal globally. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives that enable new product experiences and growth areas for Stripe Terminal through our partnerships.
We are looking for a strategic, outcome-oriented leader for the Terminal Partnerships team with strong product instincts and experience working with cross-functional teams. This leader will be instrumental in developing multi-year partnership plans, cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships at partner organizations, and growing and mentoring a high-performing team.
- Develop and lead partnerships that empower our users to build point-of-sale experiences that are right for their verticals and use cases
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs, and norms in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Create market-entry strategies that enable Terminal to launch in new geographies
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, Technical Project Managers, Legal and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute our Terminal partner strategy
- Partner with Stripe’s regional teams to accelerate Terminal’s growth in new markets
- With an understanding of Terminal’s core priorities, develop build vs. partner strategies to inform the team’s strategic decision making
- Understand our partners’ key priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and recommendations to the Terminal team
- Structure and negotiate first-of-kind deals for initial go-to-market or product enablement partnerships with large B2B technology companies
- Develop a strong understanding of market trends that will shape the future of in-person commerce experiences
- Ensure Stripe leadership is aligned with the strategies you and your team develop and work across the org to transform top company goals into partnership strategies and programs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, or similar role at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or product partnership efforts
- 5+ years of leadership and team management experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Technical acumen, an ability to understand Stripe’s product portfolio and strategy and use this understanding to define requirements with partners and evaluate new partnership opportunities
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Experience defining and executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences
- Strong commercial and product instincts and the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and complex problems
- Negotiations experience, especially related to technology product deals
- Interest in and intellectual curiosity about payments, economic infrastructure, and Stripe’s partners, and a passion for building and scaling a new business within Stripe
Nice to haves:
- Domain expertise in commerce, hardware, payments, POS and/or logistics; go-to-market coordination
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.