Leader, Partner Management, Payments Partnerships
Change Stripe’s product trajectory through partnership
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the global partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships and strategic initiatives that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
The Payments Partnerships team develops and manages relationships with payment methods and ecosystem partners that enable Stripe’s product strategy and deliver new capabilities to Stripe users. Our team executes on high-impact, cross-functional initiatives across new products, geographic expansion, user advocacy, and policy. These partnerships have a significant impact on Stripe and the products used by millions of our users.
We are looking for a leader for our partner manager team with strong product instincts and experience working with cross-functional teams to build and lead a team of partner managers who are responsible for some of Stripe’s most strategic external partnerships, such as Apple and Google. This leader will be instrumental in developing multi-year partnership plans, responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong executive relationships at partner organizations, and growing and mentoring a high-performing team of partner managers. We are in the very early stages of defining how these partnerships can have long-term impact for Stripe and this role is ideal for an outcome-oriented partnerships leader who is excited by the challenges that come with not having a playbook to follow.
- Lead Stripe’s partnerships with strategic payments and ecosystem partners
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs, and norms in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Design and implement strategies and processes that will enable us to deepen and scale our payments partnerships and increase our velocity as a team
- Identify the right stakeholders within partner organizations that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, and understand their needs
- Identify and assess new partnership opportunities, making recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders and Stripe’s leadership team
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including product, engineering, policy, legal, finance, and risk) to develop and execute high-impact initiatives
- Ensure Stripe leadership is aligned with the strategies you and your team develop and work across the org to transform top company goals into partnership strategies and programs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in partnerships, business development, or similar role at a high-growth technology company, working closely with other technology or fintech companies on platform or product partnership efforts
- 5+ years of leadership experience, including building out teams and creating high-performance, positive team cultures
- Strong agency, can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization, and thrives on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, in both verbal and written form, and ability to influence stakeholders across a wide variety of functions
- Humility and leads by example, setting the right context and helping teammates do their best work
- Technical acumen, especially an ability to understand product strategy and use this understanding to define requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Experience defining and executing partnership strategies to build innovative product experiences
- A track record of managing high-impact partnerships with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong commercial and product instincts and the ability to prioritize and guide cross-functional teams through competing demands and to address complex problems Interest in and intellectual curiosity about payments, economic infrastructure, and Stripe’s partners
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.