Leader, New Product Partnerships
Stripe builds financial tools and economic infrastructure for the internet. We’re helping ambitious startups and the world’s most successful companies build products, create new business models, and scale their efforts globally. In pursuit of this mission, the global partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing, and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
We are seeking a Partnership Lead to be responsible for supporting a portfolio of Stripe’s new and growing products. You will create and manage relationships with Stripe’s financial and product partners worldwide, in order to launch, grow and differentiate our new products for Stripe users.
We are looking for a Partnership Lead who will be instrumental in developing the multi-year, global strategic plan for Stripe’s product partnerships. The person in this role will lead a team responsible for executing on complex, high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind).
- Recruit and manage a high-performing team, defining its operating model, goals, KPIs and norms in alignment with Stripe’s principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Establish close working relationships with product, engineering and sales leadership in order to effectively plan Stripe’s global financial product strategy
- Define and execute the strategy to best support the long term growth and stability of these products
- Manage critical partnerships for a portfolio of Stripe’s products
- Coordinate cross-functional stakeholders (including legal, finance, risk, compliance, and treasury) in crafting thoughtful strategies for engaging and partnering with partners
- Ensure Stripe’s senior-most executives are aligned with the strategy you develop, consistently working with Stripe leadership to transform top company goals into partnership strategies, and influence company-wide decisions that affect the direction of products, processes, or the betterment of Stripe overall
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of professional experience, with a background in strategy, business development, and partner management
- A proven track record of leading high-performing teams in a product-centric environments with significant internal and external dependencies
- Broad and deep experience designing industry-wide partnership strategies, and forging commercial relationships to build innovative product experiences
- Experience leading large, complex, and first-of-their-kind commercial negotiations end to end, from opportunity identification through deal execution
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal far beyond signing, and to lead/influence teams developing and implementing plans to realize the intended benefits of partnerships pursued
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to represent Stripe effectively in interfacing with C-Level executives
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.