Lead, People Partners (HRBPs)
Stripe is on an extraordinary growth trajectory, with more than 2000 Stripes spread across 14 offices worldwide and growing. Together, we are building the economic infrastructure of the internet, helping small startups and the world’s biggest companies build products, create jobs, and scale their efforts globally.
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people. We believe that our competitive advantage lies in our talent, and we want to continue to lean into that. Stripe is looking for a leader for our People Partners (HRBPs) to drive that effort. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where Stripes of all backgrounds can thrive, and building and nurturing the team of People Partners that will realize that mission.
Who will love this job:
- A partner and connector, who builds trusted relationships with leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners,
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures,
- A leader and coach, who loves building and developing high-impact teams,
- A creator, who obsesses about nurturing a high-impact, high-performance, kind culture,
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there.
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to our executive team
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Stripe employees
- Collaborate with the People leadership team to shape our People vision to ensure we are delivering an exceptional People experience
- Partner with Recruiting, Education, and Experience to craft programs that continually elevate the caliber and kindness of Stripes
- Guide and support Stripe through extraordinary global growth
- Build and nurture a best-in-class team of People partners around the world
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background of at least 10 years as an HR business partner and at least four years of managing a team of distributed HR business partners, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- Experience partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical client groups and a deep understanding of the challenges within each group
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and strong customer service orientation
- Experience and a point of view on what a great HR delivery model and organization should look like
- Experience implementing people programs including performance coaching, employee relations, compensation review process, HR compliance, and employee development/growth
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas — we’re looking for candidates who are particularly strong in at least one area, and have done some work, and have interest in developing skills and capabilities, in the others.
Please include the following with your application:
- A link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) and your resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.