APAC Lead Employment Counsel
Help us grow our legal team in APAC!
Stripe strives to build the best products and services helping entrepreneurs around the world to grow their businesses. We work on complex technical and legal problems every day, and we’re looking for a versatile attorney to help protect our growing business. As APAC Lead Employment Counsel, you will advise our People team and other business partners in all areas of employment law and proactively manage potential employment-related risks.
In this role you will:
- Spend the first 6-10 months of your employment in our San Francisco or Seattle office getting to know the team and Stripe culture, and supporting the employment team on US and global employment law issues;
- Partner with our People team (primarily HR and Recruiting) to provide subject matter expertise on a full range of employment issues including recruiting, hiring, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, internal investigations, working time, and HR best practices;
- Proactively review employment policies to ensure legal compliance and consistency with best practices;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support and maintain employment compliance;
- Draft and negotiate a variety of employment-related agreements such as offer letters, contractor agreements, and vendor agreements;
- Collaborate with other members of the Legal team on pre-litigation and litigation matters; and
- Proactively monitor employment laws and provide and advise of developments that may affect the company.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 5 years of employment law experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department, with significant employment counseling experience (in-house experience or experience advising technology clients as outside counsel is a plus);
- A proven ability to analyze employment law matters of all levels of complexity, and exercise sound judgment in balancing legal risks and business needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work well on both long and short-term projects.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done;
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company;
- Decisive and having excellent judgment, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information;
- Adept at working with multiple stakeholders while maintaining strict discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism;
- Someone with a solid understanding of employment law in Singapore (and preferably in APAC more broadly) to provide fast and useable advice to Stripe teams; and
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
To apply for this role, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.