LATAM Policy Manager
Stripe is looking for a Public Policy and Government Relations professional to lead our efforts to further deepen and develop our policy program and presence across Latin America.
Stripe is building the economic infrastructure that makes it easier for entrepreneurs and companies all over the world to grow their businesses. With presence in Mexico and Brazil, we work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems that will help foster economic growth in Latin America. In this role you will deal with a diverse set of issues that straddle financial services, technology, internet regulation and economic policy. You will define, shape, and advocate for initiatives that increase the GDP of the Internet.
You will be able to actively shape and build out the Public Policy function for Latin America, keeping pace with Stripe’s rapid growth. Stripes on the Public Policy team operate in a fast paced internal and external environment that requires collaborating with numerous teams across our organization and outside stakeholders. You will have the opportunity to bend the trajectory of Stripe in Latin America and help enable businesses in the region to participate in the 21st Century economy.
If you are up for the challenge - we would love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Work together with our Public Policy Team across the globe as well as Stripe’s Americas team to strategically develop, pursue and execute policy objectives as part of Stripe’s global policy priorities
- Influence legislative and regulatory agendas, gather intelligence and report on developments and propose and execute activities to engage with relevant institutions across Latin America
- Plan, develop and execute policy initiatives and campaigns that advance Stripe’s policy goals and those of our users
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology and financial services community, and serve as a representative of Stripe on trade groups or other industry bodies
- Directly engage senior policymakers and regulators, to educate them about Stripe’s business and vision of the digital economy and the future of payments
- Help colleagues across Stripe understand potential policy developments and identify policy opportunities to grow our business
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 8+ years of experience working in a policymaking or government position, or similar experience at a public policy firm, world class in-house government relations organization or public institution with a focus on Latin America
- Strong industry knowledge and business acumen - an understanding of internet technologies and the financial services and payments industry
- A proven track record of success managing complex, technical policy issues
- Excellent judgment, capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information and learning from them
- A terrific communicator and writer, adept at working with lawyers, regulators, engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear and understandable
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive
- Empathy, humility, and cheer
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Industry experience working in technology, payments, or financial services is a plus
- A willingness to work with a diverse group of policy, regulatory, and product nerds who care deeply about Stripe’s policy issues, our users and each other
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.