Japan Premium Services & Ops Lead
You'll be part coach, part diplomat, part entrepreneur - 100% committed to building and sustaining trust with users and your team.
Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies.
The Premium Services team directly supports our largest and fastest growing users, with a proactive consultation model, partnering with them to grow their business. We actively seek and capitalize on opportunities to meet and exceed their service expectations, working to impress the trendsetters and remove obstacles from their path. The team is there when users need us but also there proactively - before they even realize they need support. This team is part of the broader Ops team that is responsible for reactive user support across all segments of users.
Stripe is looking for a Tokyo-based leader to help build, expand and grow the Premium Services/Ops team for Japan market. Japanese users expect exceptional quality of service in their support interactions, so this was the first team we built when Stripe started in Japan in 2015. We like this leader to help us take our service and support offerings to the next level and growth into enterprise. The manager will lead a high performing team motivated by improving the lives of Stripe’s user base. They cultivate the happiness of their teams while guiding them through feedback, mentoring, and advocacy within the organization. This means helping to set team goals, and using metrics to efficiently measure and guide team performance in pursuit of those goals. The Premium Services team is also responsible for managing large operational projects.
- Guide the organization to design and deliver incredible user experiences across all segments. In particular, launch service offerings and achieve support quality to meet the needs of the Japan market.
- Work cross-functionally with Japan Site Lead and Sales on GTM strategy for our top users including enterprises and startups.
- Transmit and foster our values, serving as a beacon of Stripe’s user-centric philosophy and culture of transparency, empathy, inclusion, and empowerment.
- Help build the organization through management projects such as recruiting, training, writing team policies, defining team processes, or other organizational improvements.
- Lead and manage team to be happy and effective with clear goals and feedback to grow their impact for users and Stripe
- Run the local services and support operations with metrics and analysis of performance, with regular reporting and collaboration with the global Premium Services and Ops teams.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following:
- At least 10+ years of direct people management experience.
- Experience leading customer success managers, account managers, technical account managers, technical program managers, or premium support teams (preferably in high-growth technology companies).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual in Japanese and English.
- Strong sales revenue growth, technical and/or operational background and a track-record of making data driven decisions.
- Skill and credibility doing the core work of a user facing team with a high bar for quality, and a willingness to lead by example.
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex operational projects involving multiple stakeholders.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.