IT Operations - Technician
Help the Customer Success team be Stripe’s strategic support partner. Ensure the successful operation of new hires, account off-boards, vendor agents, and critical business systems and hardware with a global team.
We are looking for a Technician to join the IT Operations team to provide thoughtful and individualized support for all Stripes. Stripe is looking for individuals who can work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to deliver team oriented results.
You have the ability to take initiative on small projects and contribute to project design and implementation. You are skilled at writing, updating and maintaining technical documentation and sending directed comms. You are comfortable working as an individual contributor on a global team that is driving towards a common goal. You will best succeed in this role by leading on things you are passionate about while supporting others in their passion.
You love problem solving and collaborating with others to provide world class system management. Being the best fit for this position means you are both humble and confident. You strive towards excellence but understand your limitations and don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed.
- Be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software
- Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to queries either in person, email, Slack or ticketing system
- Walk customers through problem-solving processes
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Follow up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Facilitate the provisioning of Stripe laptops for new hire on-boarding and fleet upgrades
- Assist with new hire onboarding and training curriculum
- Update, and maintain detailed external and internal IT documentation
- Onboard and support third-party vendors and/or contractors
- Contribute to shared global IT off-boarding tasks and responsibilities
- Troubleshoot IT scripts, systems, or automation
We’re looking for someone who:
- Possesses 2-3 years of experience in IT System Administration
- Possesses strong working knowledge of Apple systems and software
- Possesses strong working knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Confluence, Dropbox, and similar cloud providers
- Possesses strong working knowledge of Atlassian systems (JIRA and Confluence)
- Possesses an understanding of script execution and troubleshooting (ex: Ruby, Bash, Python)
- Possesses working knowledge of imaging/endpoint management tools (DEP, Munki, Chef, JSS)
- Can independently manage and prioritize workload and projects
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Is empathetic, humble, and possess a strong focus on customer service
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.