IT Operations - Engineer
Help the Customer Success team be Stripe’s strategic support partner. Ensure the successful operation of new hires, account off-boards, vendor agents, and critical business systems and hardware with a global team.
We are looking for an engineer to join the IT Operations team to provide process automations, in addition to serving as the highest escalation point for the team. Stripe is looking for individuals who can work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to deliver team oriented results.
You have the ability to take initiative on projects and drive project design and implementation. You are skilled at scripting and maintaining technical processes and writing documentation as well as training members of a team. You are comfortable working as an individual contributor on a global team that is driving towards a common goal. You will best succeed in this role by leading on things you are passionate about while supporting others in their passion.
You love problem solving and collaborating with others to provide world class support. Being the best fit for this position means you are both humble and confident. You strive towards excellence but understand your limitations and don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed.
Be responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting IT scripts and APIs for all service desk, and device management processes. Mentor and train a global IT team on process improvements and serve as the highest technical escalation point for the team.
- Create, improve, and maintain IT scripts, systems, and automations
- Submit PRs (Github) and work with engineering teams on the code review process
- Train and mentor the team on new processes and automations that speed up common processes and workflows
- Support and maintain critical SaaS tools (G Suite, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Confluence, Dropbox, etc.)
- Build and improve management on IT inventory systems (Oomnitza) through the use of APIs
- Oversee requested changes to ticketing (JIRA) or documentation systems (Confluence)
- Assist with new service integrations as well as audit existing software
- Provide support for the provisioning of Stripe laptops for new hire on-boarding and fleet upgrades
- Provide support for new hire onboarding and training curriculum
- Design, update, and maintain detailed external and internal IT documentation
- Onboard and support third-party vendors and/or contractors
- Assist with IT tasks related to global office build-out efforts
- Serve as the highest technical escalation point on the IT Operations team
We’re looking for Someone who:
- Possess 2-3 years of experience in IT Operations or IT Engineering roles
- Possess expert knowledge of Apple systems and software (Apple Certified)
- Possess expert knowledge of G Suite, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Confluence, Dropbox, or similar cloud providers
- Possess expert knowledge of Atlassian systems (JIRA and Confluence)
- Possess working scripting knowledge (ex: Ruby, Bash, Python)
- Possess working knowledge of imaging/endpoint management tools (DEP, Munki, Chef, JSS)
- Possess expert knowledge of code review tools (Github)
- Able to independently manage and prioritize workload and projects
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Be empathetic, humble, and possess a strong focus on customer service
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.