Help us grow our Legal team!
Stripe is looking for a talented and experienced paralegal to join our IP team. As a part of our team, you will work with Stripes from all over the world to help develop and protect our intellectual property. In addition, you will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, business processes, and technology.
In this role you will:
- Assist with the development, acquisition, and protection of all forms of intellectual property at Stripe, with an emphasis on trademarks, copyrights, and domain names.
- Help prepare and prosecute US and international trademark applications and copyright registrations.
- Perform trademark clearance work for new product launches.
- Assist with US and international trademark oppositions and cancellations, and with intellectual property disputes and litigation, including patent litigation.
- Work closely with other members of Stripe’s Legal and Risk teams to investigate and act on notices received as part of Stripe’s IP Notice policy.
- Assist with enforcement of Stripe’s intellectual property, especially online investigations and enforcement.
- Manage Stripe’s IP docketing.
- Support IP matters relating to M&A.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years’ experience as an IP Paralegal. In-house experience a big plus.
- Strong organization and project-management skills, with a rigorous attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The person we want to hire for this role will also:
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decisiveness, even in ambiguous situations.
- Be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Be humble and curious about an evolving industry.
- Have a terrific sense of humor.
- Include a resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.