iOS SDK Engineer
Helping businesses build seamless mobile payment flows
At Stripe, we’re passionate about helping people build new businesses and some of the most exciting ideas we’ve seen depend on mobile devices. A new class of apps is emerging built on our marketplace features that simply couldn’t exist a few years ago—companies like Lyft, Cover and Instacart use Stripe to power an incredible diversity of experiences on iOS. As an Apple Pay launch partner, we’ve helped hundreds of apps move from lengthy forms to one touch payments. We’re looking for engineers with a deep understanding of Cocoa to to help define Stripe’s future role in mobile apps.
iOS at Stripe
We want to offer our users an iOS SDK with elegant solutions to their hardest problems (such as synchronizing a customer’s payment information across multiple platforms). Here’s a non-exhaustive list of the challenges we deal with today:
- We worked very hard to make Apple Pay integrate seamlessly with the Stripe API and have explored Apple Pay’s edge cases and lesser-known features. Much like how Stripe itself started with a simple credit card processing API and built features like Billing and Connect on top, we’re now looking to build the next wave of tools and features on top of Apple Pay that make it even more powerful and convenient.
- We place a lot of emphasis on meaningful animation design in our products. We want to push the state of the art forward in motion design and interactivity in our own apps.
- We spend a lot of time thinking about how to maintain backward compatibility in our API while we rapidly grow it. We want to apply the same philosophy to our mobile SDKs and build APIs at a level of abstraction that lets us quickly add new features without burdening our existing customers.
- We like to find creative ways to make the experience of integrating Stripe delightful for developers. Since it’s difficult to test Apple Pay-related code (as it can only run on a device, and there’s no way to simulate a user’s successful authentication via Touch ID), we released an entirely stubbed out, fully API-compatible version of Apple Pay that can be used for writing UI tests.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Passion for building tools for developers and businesses
- Experience building apps, building or contributing to open-source libraries, and enjoys the art of API design
You should include these in your application:
- Your favorite iOS framework, and an explanation of why you like it
- Links to any apps you’ve released in the App Store, or libraries you’ve written.
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.