International Regulatory Counsel
Help us grow our legal team!
In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company to help Stripe grow in a manner that complies with payments, financial services, AML/CFT, and other regulations that apply to Stripe across the world. You will deal with a diverse set of issues that straddle financial regulation and technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and excited about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive online. We’re looking for a team player with a sense of humour, who enjoys solving complex problems.
- Serve as one of Stripe’s primary financial regulatory lawyers, advising on a wide range of regulatory issues across multiple international jurisdictions
- Counsel Stripe’s business and product teams on the application of payment laws and regulations, helping us create products and expand internationally in a way that meets our obligations, as well as the needs of our customers
- Represent Stripe on a variety of topics before regulators, banking partners, and other external audiences
We are looking for someone who has:
- Significant experience practicing as a lawyer, with specific financial regulatory experience, specifically in payments, particularly advantageous.
- Experience working in a major financial institution, financial services regulatory authority, or a sophisticated financial services regulatory practice within a major law firm will be a real plus.
- Strong project management skills, capable of working under tight deadlines.
- Decisive, excellent judgment, and ability to make smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- Terrific communication skills (written and verbal), with an ability to make complex regulatory concepts clear to business teams, engineers, lawyers, and regulators.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
- A 1 - 2 paragraph summary of how you resolved an interesting legal issue (respecting client secrets and confidences)
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.