International Indirect Tax Manager
This function will be responsible for managing the indirect taxation of our international activities. You will lead our indirect tax compliance processes, assist with tax controversy matters, and any planning efforts impacting our operations. You will work for a rapidly growing company in a fast paced environment, while collaborating with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in Dublin, although other locations can be supported, and report to the Head of International Tax Planning.
- Establish the direction, goals and priorities for the indirect tax function, with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- Be the international indirect tax subject matter expert and resource to our business and finance teams in Stripe, managing our indirect tax planning, and operations, including providing expertise and requirements for the development of a tax engine.
- Support Stripe’s global international expansion and participate in policy matters affecting indirect taxes in international jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with the international accounting teams on VAT/GST compliance, assisting with the ongoing enhancement of the indirect tax compliance processes.
- Manage tax audit matters involving international tax authorities.
- Work with other tax team members and product and engineering teams to help define requirements and collaborate on the design of tax solutions for our users.
You should have:
- 10-15+ years of relevant tax experience with strong knowledge of Irish tax laws and broad experience with international tax regulations.
- Both public accounting / legal firm and industry experience.
- Experience with indirect taxes as it relates to the distribution of digital services and physical products.
- A proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- The ability to develop and mentor other members of the organization.
- A strong technical tax background that enables you to develop and implement tax strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changes in tax laws, as well as changes in our services.
- Humility, empathy
You might also have:
- An advanced degree or professional qualification (CPA or LLM) in tax or law.
- Experience working in a technology, payments, or financial services.
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment.
- A willingness to work with a Head of Tax whose stories are not nearly as entertaining as he thinks they are
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.