International Corporate Counsel
Join our growing Corporate Affairs Team!
Stripe is a global technology company that builds infrastructure for online commerce. We handle billions in transactions each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. We’re a small, cohesive, and nimble team supporting a rapidly growing organization, so you’ll cover a lot of ground.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate and lead board and committee meetings for international subsidiaries, including a growing footprint of regulated entities outside the U.S.
- Partner closely with Stripe’s regulatory and compliance teams to ensure appropriate board reporting and escalation
- Support Stripe’s tax and treasury teams on intercompany agreements and capital planning
- Actively collaborate with a wide variety of teams at Stripe, including tax, accounting, regulatory, employment, and compliance, on a range of issues to enable Stripe’s global expansion
- Partner with corporate secretary’s office to evaluate, scope, and form new international subsidiaries
- Research and analyze corporate governance items and track industry precedent and emerging trend
- Identify areas to improve our existing processes with technology, and generally improve leverage across the team
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience working on corporate governance at a major law firm or technology company
- Have a good understanding of corporate governance of regulated institutions. There are many “governance” lawyers out there, but this is a unique opportunity for someone with strong practical governance experience outside of the U.S., whether in financial services, payments or otherwise
- Have meticulous attention, are a great communicator, solid project manager, and able to effectively prioritize in a changing environment
- Have a strong work ethic and passionate commitment to Stripe (you will be excited to be here and will want to go the extra mile)
- Include a resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.