International Procure to Pay Lead, Finance Operations, Dublin
The Finance Operations team (FinOps) provides and enhances core business services that are the backbone for Stripe. FinOps uses data and operational excellence to deliver technology solutions, procurement, billing and payroll services, strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management to Stripe. We are international, spreading across countries in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Lead who will help define & operationalise the international P2P strategy for Stripe. Working closely with our Head of Payables in the US, this role will play a key part in the transition of P2P tasks from our Accounting Team to the Fin Ops team. The objective of this transition is to drive the centralization of global AP and help create a ‘best in class’ global P2P function. .
As a key member of the Procure to Pay team you will:
- Work closely with our Int Accounting team to begin the transition of key AP processes to the FinOps team (e.g. approval of payment batches, supplier set up verification and other supervisory tasks, vendor management with our local LSPs)
- Support the Head of Payables to deliver on a strategy to scale the accounts payable and supplier set-up functions with a centralised model in mind.
- Create desktop procedures to ensure current P2P processes are accurately documented
- Partner with our Oracle internal systems team to develop ‘best in class’ processes and automation for all aspects of the P2P cycle.
- Take ownership and resolve issues impacting the AP process or the team’s ability to meet deadlines and deliver impactful results
- Ensure adherence to the AP monthly closing timelines with focus on accurate and timely booking of invoices
- Propose best practices for a successful supplier management program
- Help develop a global plan to manage risk and non compliance in the Procure to Pay function taking local country exceptions into account
- Manage ad hoc projects related to the P2P process
We’re looking for :
- An experienced finance professional with a deep understanding of Accounts Payable and finance operations as well as the many cross functional interdependencies
- Proven project management experience particularly in the area of system automation, integrations and new technology implementation
- A history of increasing performance using data to ensure operational teams meet KPIs, OKRs and other metrics
- Business partnership experience, which includes influencing executive decision-making, stewarding sound business judgement and execution, and championing a team-oriented, cross-functional mindset
- A “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done with an ability to operate comfortably at both a tactical and strategic level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You also likely have:
- 5+ years’ P2P experience within the technology industry and/or within a high-growth, SAAS based businesses
- 2+ years’ experience managing on or offshore Accounts Payable functions on a global scale
- A high level of understanding and an eagerness to learn about the complexities of operating in a regulated environment
- Experience working with global and/or remote teams and successfully driving alignment and standardization across time zones
- Project Management qualification/experience beneficial
- Oracle Fusion or other cloud ERP knowledge a distinct advantage
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.